Wandering through Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, it’s hard not to wonder about those who are buried here. Every dearly departed has a story and so many of them are from a time and culture vastly different from our own. At the Chaska History Center, we chose five residents of Mt. Pleasant, researched them and wrote a narrative of their life. The events are factual and historical, but the narratives are our words, doing our best to bring their thoughts to life.
The site of Mt. Pleasant cemetery, referred to as "the old burying ground", apparently was a burial spot before the cemetery association was formed. The association was formed in 1863. It was acquired by the city in 1874.
1. Nellie Baxter: Successful store owner FEATURED BELOW
2. Lucius Howe: Vermont brick maker *
3. Emmaline Noble Lee: Teacher *
4. Katherina Greiner: Hotel owner *
5. William Spoerner: WWII pilot *
Successful business owner